Eminem's Reaction To Machine Gun Kelly's "Rap Devil" Diss Is Fundamentally, "Who Are You?"

September 18, 2018
Eminem Response To Rap Devil

So how about we return to where everything started. On August 30th, Eminem's latest collection, Kamikaze, dropped, and pretty much nobody was safe. While Em disses a huge amount of various people inside the collection's entirely, we will focus this story on MGK's feud for curtness.

On the track "Not Alike," Eminem trains in on Machine Gun Kelly, raising a comment that MGK said in regards to Eminem's daughter, Hailie, again from 2012, purportedly tweeting that the 16-year-old was "hot as f*ck." A portion of the verses to "Not Alike" go:
If you wanna come at me with a sub, Machine Gun / And I'm talkin' to you, but you already know who the f*ck you are, Kelly / I don't use sublims and sure as f*ck don't sneak-diss / But keep commenting on my daughter Hailie





Only a couple of days later, MGK terminated back with his very own diss track, called "Rap Devil," in which he claims that Eminem reached Diddy to hinder MGK's profession. On Sept. 3, he took to Twitter and composed,

im standing up for not just myself, but my generation. im doing the same shit you did back in ur day. life is still real on my side, and i had to take time from the grind to defend myself from someone i called an idol. love, Rap Devil.
On the track, MGK raps:

Let's talk about the fact you actually blackballed a rapper that's twice as young as you (let's talk about it) / Let's call Sway, ask why I can't go on Shade 45 because of you / Let's ask Interscope how you had Paul Rosenberg trying to shelf me
In an interview with Sway Calloway, Eminem opened up about the fight among him and Machine Gun Kelly, clarifying that he didn't see the comment in regards to Hailie until about a year and a half later. "It never hit my radar and after that one day, you know, you go down the f*cking wormhole of YouTube or whatever right, so I see 'Machine Gun Kelly talks about Eminem's daughter' whatever right," Eminem tells Sway.

"So, I'm like 'what the f*ck?' I click on it…he starts doing a press run basically about Hailie. I'm like 'what the f*ck? Yo, my man better chill,'" Eminem said before revealing that isn't even why he dissed the younger rapper. The exact reason is much deeper He told Sway:

That's not why I dissed him. The reason I dissed him is actually a lot more petty than that. The reason that I dissed him is because he got on — first what he said 'I'm the greatest rapper alive since my favorite rapper banned me from Shade 45' or whatever he said, right? Like I'm trying to hinder his career. I don't give a f*ck about your career. You think I actually f*cking think about you? You know how many f*cking rappers are better than you? You're not even in the f*cking conversation.
WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW BELOW






No comments:

Powered by Blogger.